The Camera Council (also know as the Twin Cities Area Council of Camera Clubs) and its affiliated clubs promote continuing education and fellowship for those interested in all aspects of photography. Our member clubs offer a diverse range of programs, field trips, competitions and social interaction. Activities include:
- Learning new photography techniques
- Learning from speakers at meetings
- Going on group outings
- Entering competitions
- Exhibit opportunities
- Friendship – making new friends who share the same passion
- And more!
Each year the Camera Council sponsors an interclub competition between its affiliated clubs and their members. The competition has two parts — one for individuals and one for clubs to compete against each other. The deadline for entries is usually in early February and awards are announced at the Spring Break event.
- Members of affiliated clubs are eligible to enter the individual competition. There are four digital categories: Contemporary, Nature, Monochrome, and Realistic. There are two print categories: color and monochrome.
- The club competition is meant to pit a representative set of 20 member images from each club to those of other clubs.
Spring Break Event
Spring Break is an annual event held in March or April every year. For one full day at a very low cost, there is a wide range of speaker choices. There is a vendor area to visit throughout the day, photo opportunities and door prizes. A choice of box lunches are served as well as refreshments and cookies. Spring Break for 2023 was Saturday, March 11, 2023.
Monthly Board Meetings
The Council’s board meets on the 2nd Thursday, September through May, at 7:00 p.m. in a virtual meeting. Visitors are welcome to attend.
The Camera Council is a member of the Photographic Society of America.